1.1 A Profile Of Paula
Since her childhood, Paula placed herself under the teaching of the MASTER in a constant rhythm of growth which inducer her to GIVE HER LIFE, to MAKE HERSELF EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE, in order TO LEAD ALL TO CHRIST.
Gradually, she developed a STYLE OF SERVICE which she herself defined as “THE PATH OF AFFECTION AND LOVE”.
She lived this, day by day,
in an AUDACIOUS AND CREATIVE FAITH,
in a profound COMMUNION WITH CHRIST,
in GIVING HERSELF,
in SEAKING THE WILL OF GOD,
together with her companions, CALLED like herself
to form a COMMUNITY
that lives a PROPHETIC CHARISM.
Like Paula in the first community…
…We dispose ourselves to be permeated
by the teaching of the Gospel…
1.2 Basic Intuitions
to create a family environment, natural for the growth of the person, which means an environment:
- where the person can be herself;
- where she can feel welcome with her good qualities as well as with her limitations;
- where she can feel loved;
- where she can feel that others believe in
1.3 Indispensable Attitudes In Every Relationship
- goodness and affection;
- gentleness in words and in the way of dealing with each other;
- patience, self-control, serenity;
- moderation, especially in reproaching and in punishing;
- firmness and equanimity;
- a watchful and discrete presence;
- respect: never using offensive or ironical words or titles
- impartiality, unselfishness and gratuity;
- an attitude that favours dialogue and encouragement;
- a constant awareness that one is always influential.
1.4. The Necessity of Rediscovering
THE NOVELITY OF EACH DAY…
The effort of living these relationships in daily life demands
- an inner strength which originates from the vocation we have received:
- to… seek the greater glory of God where there is greater service…
- to fulfil the yearning for new life and harmony,
» in a continuous process of growth,
» in an attitude of openness to the newness
of the Spirit which challenges us in the concrete situations of life.
This effort binds us also
- in a process of life-long formation which involves all the dimensions of the person:
- external aspect, the care of one’s health and a sound psychology,
- the discernment and development of the person’s attitudes (abilities),
- the duty to make the community a place
- of growth for each person,
- of communication,
- of co-responsibility in the common mission.
- through an education of the heart and spirit in order to develop a manner of being simple and a family spirit which distinguish us as the Paula’s Family.